Those of you rocking a T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide, know this: A maintenance update -- as in NOT Android 2.2 -- is headed your way starting Aug. 4. Here's what you have to look forward to, from T-Mobile's mouths to our eyes:
- Updates to the T-Mobile online contact backup connection, which will improve battery life.
- Ability to send text messages while connected to WiFi.
- Genius button improvements: Ability to toggle GPS by voice, announce caller ID for incoming calls and allow answer or ignore, announce incoming text messages.
- Faves icon displayed next to notifications while device is locked.
- Overall speed and stability improvements.
T-Mobile says the update will be complete by Aug. 19, and it won't be able to push it out after that. So get it while you can. [T-Mobile forums] Thanks to everyone who sent this in!
Either they've edited the announcement, or you misread it, I think. They say they "anticipate all customers will receive it by August 19" and that they can't promise it any sooner than that, so don't ask basically. But it doesn't say you can't get it after 8/19.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.