Those of you rocking a T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide, know this: A maintenance update -- as in NOT Android 2.2 -- is headed your way starting Aug. 4. Here's what you have to look forward to, from T-Mobile's mouths to our eyes:
- Updates to the T-Mobile online contact backup connection, which will improve battery life.
- Ability to send text messages while connected to WiFi.
- Genius button improvements: Ability to toggle GPS by voice, announce caller ID for incoming calls and allow answer or ignore, announce incoming text messages.
- Faves icon displayed next to notifications while device is locked.
- Overall speed and stability improvements.
T-Mobile says the update will be complete by Aug. 19, and it won't be able to push it out after that. So get it while you can. [T-Mobile forums] Thanks to everyone who sent this in!
Here are tech media's hot takes on Surface Duo
Reactions to the Surface Duo after its launch earlier this week ranged from disappointed to elated. Among the media, in particular, there was a surprising amount of enthusiasm for Microsoft's dual-screen device. Here's a look at some of the chatter from around the web.
Everything about the Fortnite fiasco sucks for smartphone users
Even if you'll never play Fortnite, what Epic, Google, and Apple are doing should have you concerned.
Spotify no longer sucks on Android tablets and Chromebooks
Spotify is now rolling out a new update that optimizes its UI for Android tablets and Chromebooks.
The best portable instant photo printers for Android devices
You're on the move and making memories on your mobile. While digital is great, why not try and make those memories a little more permanent with a tangible photo?