Spoiler warning: This guide contains spoilers regarding playable characters within the game.
As useful as guns are against infected, nothing is quite as satisfying as burning down everything in your path. The flamethrower takes up a long gun slot in your inventory, but you don't need a special holster to carry it. You'll come across the flamethrower later in the game, and it becomes an incredibly useful tool against one particular boss that is easily the toughest enemy you'll encounter.
It's unknown if there are multiple locations where a weapon can be found like in the previous game, but this is where I found the flamethrower.
Where to find the flamethrower
While playing as Abby on Day Two in Seattle, there comes of point when you and Lev need to go to the hospital for supplies. To get there quicker, Lev takes you through some makeshift bridges — which are built on fallen construction cranes — that Scars set up high atop some skyscrapers. Near the end of this sequence, you'll slip from the bridge and fall into a hotel pool.
- As you make your way down the hotel to street level, you'll get to an floor with spores and you'll need to find a mask for Lev because he doesn't have one.
- After he has the mask, use the fire hose to climb down a few floors.
- Another floor below this is where you can find the flamethrower.
- You'll need to go all the way to one end of the building and squeeze through the door into a bathroom.
- Walk across a plank into next room.
- You'll find a soldier lying against the wall with the flamethrower.
- Just pick it up and you're good to go.
Fuel is relatively rare to come by, so I wouldn't waste it on just any regular enemy.
If you're interested in what we thought of The Last of Us Part II, you can read our review where we call it an outstanding achievement in storytelling, but one that's sure to be divisive among fans.
Jennifer Locke has been playing video games nearly her entire life. You can find her posting pictures of her dog and obsessing over PlayStation and Xbox, Star Wars, and other geeky things.
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.