Genshin Impact: Everything new in Update 2.0, including Inazuma and more
Genshin Impact Update 2.0 will be the game's biggest yet, expanding the world of Teyvat and finally adding the region of Inazuma along with new quests, characters, and more. The update, dropping on July 21, will be coming to PS4, PS5, PC, Android, and iOS free for all players. We'll run through everything you can expect in the coming weeks.
Ever since its launch, Genshin Impact has become one of the best Android games out there, with frequent updates adding new content that keeps players constantly engaged. Mix that with a winning gameplay formula and its gacha system, AND you can see why it's become so popular.
Genshin Impact Update 2.0 New Region
Of the seven nations of Teyvat, Genshin Impact has only taken us to Mondstadt and Liyue. With Update 2.0, players will be able to travel to the region of Inazuma, which worships the Electro Archon Baal. The Japanese-inspired nation features six main islands, one of which is Narukami, where Inazuma City is located. It's said that a strong sea breeze and thunderstorms often accompany the islands. Across the island, you'll find ports, mountains, a large gorge, shrines, villages, and much more.
Inazuma's six main islands include:
- Narukami Island
- Yashiori Island
- Seirai Island
- Tsurumi Island
- Watatsumi Island
Developer miHoYo teases that players will be learning more about Baal's quest for eternity throughout Inazuma.
Judging by how much we can already explore in Mondstadt and Liyue, we'll have a ton of areas to explore in Inazuma. This isn't just some small locale being added.
Genshin Impact Update 2.0 New characters
In addition to Kaedehara Kazuha, a five-star Anemo sword user who was recently introduced to Genshin Impact, Update 2.0 also adds two new five-star characters and a four-star character.
- Kamisato Ayaka: Five-star Cryo sword user. Ayaka hails from the Kamisato Clan and is described as "dignified, elegant, and wise."
- Yoimiya: Five-star Pyro archer. Yoimiya is an expert in fireworks and often crafts her own that symbolize people's hopes and dreams.
- Sayu: Four-star Anemo claymore user. Sayu is a ninja character that wields a claymore bigger than herself.
This will bring the total number of playable Genshin Impact characters to 37. There are a handful of others that have also been teased but there's no timetable for when they'll be added to the game.
Genshin Impact Update 2.0 New quests
Beginning Chapter II of the Archon Quests, players can take on Act I: The Immovable God and the Eternal Euthymia once they reach Adventure Rank 36. Its prologue was already released a couple of weeks ago and introduced players to Kaedehara Kazuha as they worked out ways to travel to Inazuma. Act II: Stillness, the Sublimation of Shadow, and Act III: Omnipresence Over Mortals will follow. This Archon Quest appears to deal with how the ruling body over Inazuma views its Archon Baal, also known as the Raiden Shogun.
Genshin Impact Update 2.0 New weapons and artifacts
Players will be able to unlock seven new weapons and two new artifact sets with Update 2.0. While only two five-star weapons are being introduced, the rest of the four-star weapons look formidable.
- Thundering Pulse (five-star bow)
- Mistsplitter Reforged (five-star sword)
- Hamayumi (four-star bow)
- Amenoma Kaguechi (four-star sword)
- Katsuragikiri Nagamasa (four-star claymore)
- Kitain Cross Spear (four-star polearm)
- Hakushin Ring (four-star catalyst)
- Emblem of Severed Fate (five-star artifact): Two-piece set — Energy recharge +20%. Four-piece set — Increases Elemental Burst damage by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum of 75% bonus damage can be obtained this way.
- Shimenawa's Reminiscence (five-star artifact): Two-piece set — Attack +18%. Four-piece set — When casting an Elemental Skill, if the character has 15 or more Energy, they lose 15 Energy and Normal/Charged/Plunging attack damage is increased by 50% for 10 seconds.
Genshin Impact Update 2.0 New events and enemies
Update 2.0 will bring a couple of new and returning events that players can partake in, along with a few new enemies. It's unknown how long some of these events will run for or when they will begin.
- Thunder Sojourn: Muzhen, the Chief Technical Officer of the Alcor, needs help from experienced adventures. Players will be able to participate in traversal and combat activities like Bolt Blitz, Lightning Round, Weaving Lightning, and Automaton Front.
- Phantom Flow: Players will be tasked with defeating "all manner of powerful enemies using the world's gentlest martial art, Shinryuu."
- Theater Mechanicus: Stage of Wonders: Theater Mechanicus has been expanded and is making a return to Inazuma with more unique content.
- Lost Riches: Treasure-Seeking Seelie makes a return as players team up to find new treasure across the land.
- Ley Line Overflow: Using Original Resin to make Blossoms of Wealth and Blossoms of Revelation and earn Mora.
- Fatui Mirror Maiden: These enemies harness Hydro powers to attack enemies.
- Pyro Hypostasis: Labelled a Normal Boss, Pyro Hypostasis is an elemental lifeform that players can encounter.
- Ruin Sentinel: An elite automaton.
- Perpetual Mechanical Array: Another Normal Boss and automaton.
Genshin Impact Update 2.0 Cross-save
It's been a long time coming, but Update 2.0 will finally add support for cross-save across PlayStation, PC, and mobile. PlayStation consoles were previously left out of cross-save with PC and mobile because of technical reasons (PlayStation users were registered under their PSN ID while PC and mobile users had their own miHoyo accounts). There will now be a way to link these with the same email address.
Explore the region of Inazuma and uncover its secrets
With its largest expansion to date, Genshin Impact's momentum doesn't seem to stop. If you're at all interested in it you should give it a download. It's free, after all. Get it on the fun and see why everyone's been talking about it.
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.
Jennifer Locke has been playing video games nearly her entire life. You can find her posting pictures of her dog and obsessing over PlayStation and Xbox, Star Wars, and other geeky things.