Imagine this scenario: You are being rushed to the ER in an ambulance and everyone around you looks a like a complete blur. You finally put the pieces together, you were just hit by a car. As you're being rushed down the hallway to the ER, you take notice to a glow coming from a physician's hand. She is holding a Dell Streak. Realistically, you probably wouldn't notice it -- but I'm trying to paint a picture here. And on that Streak, the physician can pull up your medical records: blood type, age, allergies -- the list goes on, all while sating true to HIPAA's compliances.
While that scenario might seem like something out of a TV show about a hospital, it is actually happening in today's emergency rooms. Dell Healthcare Solutions announced coming this Fall, hospitals will be able to purchase the Dell Streak to use in their facilities. Android helping to save lives -- pretty cool, eh? Full list of benefits after the break! [BusinessWire]
The Dell Streak — Benefits for Physicians and Hospitals
For the Physician
- Light Enough to Use and Carry All Day: At 220 grams, the Streak is an extremely light mobile device.
- Convenient: The Streak Tablet’s compact size easily fits in a medical lab coat.
- Onboard Cameras: Onboard cameras in the front and back of the Streak let clinicians photograph and record images that can be uploaded to the patient’s EMR to chart progress over time.
- Data & Voice: Unlike many of the existing tablets available today, the Streak supports data and voice so that medical professionals can use just one mobile device on the job.
- Open and Standards-based: The Streak is based on the open Android platform which can integrate with existing hospital systems and applications.
- Enterprise Enabled: The Streak can be integrated into Dell’s healthcare enterprise systems and solutions. As a result, the device can become an extension of the hospital’s information sharing platform, not another siloed technology that adds cost and complexity for hospitals that already struggle with inter and intra-operability.
- Privacy and Security: When integrated with Dell’s EMR and MCC solutions and future healthcare offerings, applications and patient data can be protected and secured in the datacenter, not on the device.
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android