If you're adventurous, there's no need to wait for HTC to get you "back on track" with the official Froyo, as the RUU has been leaked out. A RUU is a Windows program that's usually used by technicians to restore or upgrade an Android phone to the latest version. Using one is easy:
- Charge your Evo's battery to at least 75 percent
- Make sure HTC Sync is installed on your PC
- Turn on USB debugging on your phone
- Connect to your computer, and use the charge only USB profile
- Double click the RUU and follow the prompts
Warning -- this will erase all your data, as well as break any and all known root methods. And we'll remind you of a long talk we had during last night's podcast (and which was reiterated by HTC). In fact, we'll just quote HTC: "When official (software) updates are ready, HTC or your carrier will notify you. Unofficial software can create future issues." Words to live by.
All that said, See the source link for the download link. [xda-developers] Thanks salomy!
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android