Android's official Twitter client -- Twitter for Android -- just got itself a nice big update to version 1.0.5. We've got a slew of bugfixes and improvements. Here's what's on tap:
- Promoted tweets in search. Searching for a topic will return promoted tweets if there are any.
- Speed improvement for Timeline/lists. Scrolling Tweets is lot smoother now.
- About, Privacy & Terms added to Settings. Go to Home -> Settings -> About to see what version of Twitter for Android you are running.
- Quote/Retweet confirmation dialog. The user has the option to either Retweet, Quote, or cancel when tapping on the retweet icon.
- Cleaner timeline
- Tweet details. Tap a tweet to view its details.
- Tweet actions in search results (retweet, favorite, share, reply)
- Pull-to-refresh. From the top of a list, pull down and release to refresh the list.
- Swipe to reveal. From your timeline, fling a Tweet left or right to reveal actions underneath.
- Inline maps. Open a tweet with a geolocation to view a map inline with its content.
- Search results now contain top tweets
- Page break. If you haven't refreshed in a while, you may see a page break in your timeline. Tap the page break to load tweets.
Like we said, a bunch of stuff. It's still not our favorite Twitter client out there, but it's taking a big step in the right direction. Update now in the Android Market, or hit the links after the break. [Twitter] Thanks to everyone who sent this in!
- Filed under: