Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Video Feed | TuneIn Radio | Pocket Casts
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed | Video feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
A little bit of doom and gloom this week, folks. We've got many an executive departure, with Vic Gundotra from Google, and Scott Croyle and Ford Davidson from HTC. We've got OnePlus simultaneously intriguing and infuriating us. We've got controversy surrounding how we'd "fix" the HTC One M8. We've got Amazon getting HBO content later this year.
Plus we've got special guest JR Raphael! Join us!
Thing 1: Comings and goings ... Well, mostly goings ...
- Vic Gundotra, head of Google+, is leaving Google
- HTC design lead Scott Croyle departing company
- Ford Davidson leaving HTC, contemplates new startup
Thing 2: The OnePlus One is official
- OnePlus One finally official, available in Q2 from $299
- OnePlus One specs
- Don't smash anything: OnePlus uses a bad idea to give away 100 phones
Thing 3: Other stuff
- How we'd 'fix' the HTC One M8
- HTC rumored to be the partner for the rumored Nexus 8 tablet
- Link all of the things! IFTTT now available on Android
- Summary: Motorola's Punit Soni on design, specs and software
- Study shows that Samsung users spend little time on bloatware apps
- The Amazon Phone reported be an AT&T exclusive with Amazon Prime Data
- Amazon being sued for trademark infringement by company behind FyreTV porn streamer
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live. Or check our Google+ page for the Hangout with Q&A.
Who we are
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact The Midroll.
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: