Notification support added for 72 new apps, including the new Skype app
One of the most popular notification light apps, Light Flow, has received a major update today. Along with new features to support the latest version of Android, more support has been added for multiple new apps, including device-specific support:
- Swipe away notifications
- Remote clearing of notifications read on other devices (e.g. hangouts, email)
- Handle restricted profiles for users
- Support for new Gmail folders (e.g. promotions, social, updates etc)
- Exclude notifications from sleep mode
- Support for incoming calls
- Samsung multi-window support
- Better support for HTC one root users
While many of these new features are great, the most notable is surely the ability to (finally!) remotely clear notifications. This feature was made possible by a new API that was made available with the Google Play Services update.
Previously, getting a new email meant triggering Flow Light to activate an LED notification that would persist even after clearing that notification via the web or another device. Now, once that email has been checked elsewhere, Light Flow can turn off Android's LED notification, giving some clarity about new versus old notifications.
Click through the Play Store link up top to download the newest version of Light Flow.