Free wallpapers for Android smartphones!
Finally, it's time to take the wraps off the Android Central Wallpaper Gallery! We've got your new home for free Android wallpapers. High-resolution wallpapers of just about everything you can think of, ready for downloading to your Android smartphone or tablet. And it's constantly growing with new Android wallpapers because it allows you, dear reader, to share your favorite Android wallpapers as well! Here are the big strokes:
- Download high-resolution Android wallpapers directly to your smartphone or tablet.
- E-mail Android wallpapers to your phone or tablet.
- Scan a QR code for easy downloading
And our favorite part: Upload your own Android wallpapers to share with the world!
We've got full instructions and a video walkthrough after the break, or hit the links below to get started!
Free Android wallpapers for your smartphone
Getting wallpapers on your phone
1. Browse through the Wallpaper Gallery's many categories to find the image you want. Or, use the search function. Within a category, previews of the wallpaper images will be listed. When you see one you like, click on it to go to that wallpaper's download page.
2. Make sure you are logged in, or if you are not yet a registered member of AndroidCentral.com, join now (it's easy and takes less than a minute). In addition to unlimited wallpaper downloads, you'll also be able to register for contests, get extra perks in the forums and otherwise strut your stuff as a member of the greatest Android community anywhere.
3. Once you are logged in, you have a few options for getting a wallpaper onto your phone:
- Download Wallpaper! - This link allows you to download the wallpaper to your PC's desktop. From there, you can copy the wallpaper onto your phone or tablet, or then e-mail it to yourself.
- Email This Wallpaper! - Allows for easy over-the-air installation. Simply specify the e-mail address you have on your phone, and click the "Email wallpaper!" link. You will receive an e-mail on your phone or tablet containing both a URL to the wallpaper and the wallpaper file itself, or you can specify to just receive the URL. By either clicking on the URL or opening the attached file, the wallpaper will open in your download to your Android devce. From there, open the image and set it as your wallpaper.
- Use the QR code! - Each wallpaper has a unique QR code that you can scan. It'll immediately download the wallaper and is even easier than e-mailing it to yourself.
4. With the wallpaper now saved to your Android phone or tablet, you can set it to be your wallpaper at anytime by going into your Gallery app, hitting the menu button, then choosing "Set as" and "wallpaper."
How to submit wallpapers:
If you have a wallpaper that you've already created and want to share it with the rest of the world, you can add it to the Android Central Wallpaper Gallery by running it through our Wallpaper Maker Tool. This will upload it to the Android Central serversand allow you to give the wallpaper a title and select the category for it to appear in.
Take care in how you title and tag your wallpaper. The better you do it, the more people will find the wallpaper you've shared.
Also, the higher resolution the wallpaper, the better. Nobody likes a screen full of pixellated pictures.
Note that your wallpapers probably won't appear in the gallery immediately. But we'll get them approved just as soon as we can.
Android Central's user-submitted Wallpaper Gallery should work with most high-resolution images and displays. But because of the various resolutions, you might have to crop a wallpaper a tad.
All of the wallpapers featured in this gallery have been submitted by members of AndroidCentral.com. If you are the rightful copyright holder to a wallpaper featured in this gallery and you do not wish for it to appear here, we will gladly remove the offending content once notified under the terms outlined under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.