Popular racing title Project CARS has seen its latest PC patch go live on Steam, adding support for the HTC Vive. As part of this full support for the Vive, Project CARS also supports SteamVR's room customization option, which shows you the SteamVR room whenever you're in a game menu. The game also now includes VR mouse support.
The 11.0 patch for Project CARS contains a number of other virtual reality-related updates:
- HTC Vive support
- Gaze control implemented, providing hands-free interaction with the User Interface
- Mouse pointer control in HMD view implemented
- Photo mode is now fully functional
- Depth of Field effects now work correctly
- The game will now retain controller focus when the player removes the HMD
- Improved rendering system for Crepuscular rays and Sun flares
- Improved rendering of dirt and rain drops on Helmet visor
- Improved the default seat position
- Improved the default HUD position
- Improved default camera settings to prevent the car tilting independently from the player at steep inclines
- Fixed a refresh issue on the UI when returning from a race to the main menu
There are also a number of other bug fixes and performance improvements with this update. In addition to the HTC Vive, Project CARS recently added support for the Oculus Rift.
It's time to stop using SMS for two-factor authentication
Not all 2FA is equal. Using SMS to get a code might not be "better than nothing" after all.
Fresh Surface Duo renders are here, reportedly coming to AT&T
Microsoft hasn't exactly been camera shy with the Surface Duo, but a new set of renders have leaked that offer an even closer look at the device. Alongside the leaked images, the leaker says Duo will be headed to AT&T in the U.S.
24 hours with the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Big, beautiful, and backwards
It's still too early to give any conclusive thoughts on the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, but Samsung's latest flagship is already proving to be a tremendous phone in more ways than one.
Tactical shooter Onward is now available on the Oculus Quest
The Oculus Quest allows you to play VR games without requiring a PC, phone, or external sensors. Here's every game you can buy or download for free!su