Daniel Bader, Andrew Martonik, Russell Holly, and Jerry Hildenbrand convene to talk about LG, the death of Google Now as Google Assistant takes its place, and the race for mindshare in the voice assistant and smart speaker market.
They also tackle the latest rumors and leaks of the Galaxy S9, which is set to launch February 25th. Join us!
Show Notes and Links:
- The U.S. smartphone industry has an LG problem
- LG says G7 is 'on schedule', will be announced 'when the time is right'
- Google Now is now useless, and we have Google Assistant to thank for it
- Apple HomePod is finally coming, and does almost nothing
- Samsung Galaxy S9 launch event set for Feb 25: 'The camera. Reimagined.'
- The Galaxy A8+ gives us an early look at Galaxy S9 design cues
- Samsung Galaxy S9 appears in clearest render yet
- Samsung Galaxy S9 supposedly shows up in hands-on video
- Thrifter.com: All the best deals from Amazon, Best Buy, and more, fussily curated and constantly updated.
- GameStash: Hundreds of awesome games on your Android phone. Try it free for 14 days!
Have you listened to this week's Android Central Podcast?
Every week, the Android Central Podcast brings you the latest tech news, analysis and hot takes, with familiar co-hosts and special guests.
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.