The power trio of Daniel Bader, Russell Holly, and Jerry Hildenbrand talk about ZTE being banned from using U.S.-based hardware or software in their products as a consequence of selling products into North Korea and Iran. Could this put an end to their smartphone business? Also, Google is set to announce 'Chat', a messaging client intended to unify chat across all Android devices and eliminate the need for SMS in most situations.
But wait, there's more! The gang also discuss rumors that LG's G7 will have a dedicated Google Assistant button, Huawei punts on the U.S. market, Xiaomi gets on the analog stick with a gaming-focused phone in China. Plus, Moto continues to lead the way with some new, cheap phones.
Show Notes and Links:
- The LG G7 will have a dedicated Google Assistant button
- Xiaomi's Black Shark shows that the next big leap for smartphones will be gaming
- Huawei will stop focusing on the U.S. following security setbacks
- ZTE banned from using U.S.-based hardware or software in its products
- Moto G6 series hands-on preview: Hello photo
- Moto E5 and E5 Plus hands-on preview: Your next cheap phone
- Google to evolve Android Messages into 'Chat' using RCS, will pause Allo development
Russell not Andrew?
I think Andrew is abroad.
Yes! The weekly! Great stuff guys as usual, regards Richard U.K
I like to think you guys recorded on 4/20 and just "forgot" to post it.
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.