The power trio of Daniel Bader, Russell Holly, and Jerry Hildenbrand talk about ZTE being banned from using U.S.-based hardware or software in their products as a consequence of selling products into North Korea and Iran. Could this put an end to their smartphone business? Also, Google is set to announce 'Chat', a messaging client intended to unify chat across all Android devices and eliminate the need for SMS in most situations.
But wait, there's more! The gang also discuss rumors that LG's G7 will have a dedicated Google Assistant button, Huawei punts on the U.S. market, Xiaomi gets on the analog stick with a gaming-focused phone in China. Plus, Moto continues to lead the way with some new, cheap phones.
Show Notes and Links:
- The LG G7 will have a dedicated Google Assistant button
- Xiaomi's Black Shark shows that the next big leap for smartphones will be gaming
- Huawei will stop focusing on the U.S. following security setbacks
- ZTE banned from using U.S.-based hardware or software in its products
- Moto G6 series hands-on preview: Hello photo
- Moto E5 and E5 Plus hands-on preview: Your next cheap phone
- Google to evolve Android Messages into 'Chat' using RCS, will pause Allo development
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the Android Central team.