Medialets has come through with more Android Market stats and as always, they make for a good story. According to Medialets, here are the highlights:
- 167 Apps have been downloaded between between 667,000 and 2.9 Million times.
- Downloads are being driven by 41 apps, which account for between 73% and 83% of all possible downloads.
- Two applications, Pac-Man by Namco and The Weather channel generated the most downloads (50,000 - 250,000).
- Although download ranges can be very large, growth on the low-end was still nearly 80% during the first week.
- 5 Categories account for 61% of all apps.
- The number of apps has nearly tripled since launch, led by the Games, Tools and Productivity categories.
It's always fun to learn about the trends and figures of Android Market especially considering that Google has kept the exact details under wraps. What do you think about these numbers? Do you think Google will ever release the actual figures?
OnePlus CEO confirms key specs of upcoming OnePlus 8 series phones
OnePlus CEO Pete Lau today confirmed that the company's upcoming OnePlus 8 series phones will come equipped with a Snapdragon 865 chipset, LPDDR5 RAM, and UFS 3.0 flash storage. Both the phones will be unveiled at an online event on April 14.
How to take better smartphone photos in any conditions or lighting
That smartphone you're holding not only has a camera, but it probably has a decent one capable of taking good photos. Getting better shots is a matter of knowing the camera you have and following some basic fundamentals wherever you are. With so many features and effective software increasingly helping get the job done, it still helps to know how to wield your device to capture images...
The new Fitbit Charge 4 brings built-in GPS to your wrist for just $150
The Fitbit Charge 4 is the first new product to be released since Fitbit’s announced acquisition with Google, and while it’s a fairly minor update, the Charge 3 foundation was already really solid. From built-in GPS, Activity Zone Minutes, and more, here’s what’s new!
Spice up your smartphone or tablet with the best icon packs for Android
Being able to customize your device is fantastic as it helps to make your device even more of "your own". With the power of Android, you can use third-party launchers to add custom icon themes and these are just some of our favorites.