The latest content update for Fortnite — the 9.20 patch — is out today, and with it comes the introduction of a brand new item that will allow players to control the in-game storm that moves during play. The Storm Flip item is an item that when thrown, will create a sphere-shaped zone upon impact. When that sphere overlaps with the storm itself, it will create a storm zone that lasts for 20 seconds, and deals the same amount of damage as the current storm that's happening in-game.
The latest patch also vaults the Hunting Rifle, in an effort to cut down on the long-range options in the game, and due to the Hunting Rifle become a bit obsolete thanks to the Infantry Rifle, that's in the game now.
You can check out the full list of changes to the Battle Royale portion of Fortnite below, and jump into a game now to check out the changes:
- Thrown item that explodes on impact and creates a sphere-shaped zone.
- Where the sphere overlaps the storm, it will create a safe zone.
- Where the sphere overlaps a safe zone, it will create a storm zone.
- The Storm Flip deals the same damage as the current storm.
- The zone lasts for 20 seconds before dissipating.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack of 1.
- Reduced sniper package availability from 12.5% to 8.45%
- Reduced explosive package availability from 12.5% to 7.04%
- Overheat now takes 20% longer.
- Increased max charge time on Boom Bow from 1s to 1.25s
- The Slipstream's audio, pink ring, and spinning blades turn off when disabled during the fifth phase of the Storm.
- Players revived from a Reboot Van will lose invulnerability upon shooting or building.
- Air Vents are now more forgiving in order to prevent fall damage when players jump on them from high places.
For a full look at the list of updates that hit Fortnite earlier today, make sure to head over to the Epic Games blog and check them all out, as there are quite a bit across all three game modes.
Take your gaming to the next level
KontrolFreek FPS Performance Freek Vortex Thumbsticks ($17 at Amazon)
When it comes to video games, making sure you have the advantage is key. These thumbsticks will ensure that by giving you better grip and better aim through three distinct level grips.
Konky PlayStation 4 Charging Dock Stand ($10 at Amazon)
Having your controller die on you in the middle of a gaming session is rough, so make sure you never have that happen again, and keep them charging at all times.
PowerA DualShock 4 Charging Station ($16 at Amazon)
Worrying about battery life can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be. Make sure your controllers are always ready to play by keeping them charged at all times!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Fitness apps and wearables are great, as long as you aren't in a wheelchair
Plenty of people with mobility issues want to buy fitness-based wearables, myself included. Right now they shouldn't because it seems like no company wants their money bad enough to work for it.
Samsung One UI 2.0 review: The best (and worst) Android 10 features
Here's everything you need to know about One UI 2.0 for your Samsung phone.
Everything you need to know about the Galaxy Z Fold 2!
The first Galaxy Fold was one of the most impressive smartphones of recent years, and now, Samsung's following up on it with the Galaxy Z Fold 2. Here's everything you need to know about it!
Make the perfect play with these PS4 sports games
Here are the best sports game that can give you some of the thrills of competition when you can't play outside. They can also let you imagine what the sports of the future might look like or even give you a workout at home. Play competitively or casually with friends.