The latest content update for Fortnite — the 9.20 patch — is out today, and with it comes the introduction of a brand new item that will allow players to control the in-game storm that moves during play. The Storm Flip item is an item that when thrown, will create a sphere-shaped zone upon impact. When that sphere overlaps with the storm itself, it will create a storm zone that lasts for 20 seconds, and deals the same amount of damage as the current storm that's happening in-game.
The latest patch also vaults the Hunting Rifle, in an effort to cut down on the long-range options in the game, and due to the Hunting Rifle become a bit obsolete thanks to the Infantry Rifle, that's in the game now.
You can check out the full list of changes to the Battle Royale portion of Fortnite below, and jump into a game now to check out the changes:
- Thrown item that explodes on impact and creates a sphere-shaped zone.
- Where the sphere overlaps the storm, it will create a safe zone.
- Where the sphere overlaps a safe zone, it will create a storm zone.
- The Storm Flip deals the same damage as the current storm.
- The zone lasts for 20 seconds before dissipating.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack of 1.
- Reduced sniper package availability from 12.5% to 8.45%
- Reduced explosive package availability from 12.5% to 7.04%
- Overheat now takes 20% longer.
- Increased max charge time on Boom Bow from 1s to 1.25s
- The Slipstream's audio, pink ring, and spinning blades turn off when disabled during the fifth phase of the Storm.
- Players revived from a Reboot Van will lose invulnerability upon shooting or building.
- Air Vents are now more forgiving in order to prevent fall damage when players jump on them from high places.
For a full look at the list of updates that hit Fortnite earlier today, make sure to head over to the Epic Games blog and check them all out, as there are quite a bit across all three game modes.
Take your gaming to the next level
KontrolFreek FPS Performance Freek Vortex Thumbsticks ($17 at Amazon)
When it comes to video games, making sure you have the advantage is key. These thumbsticks will ensure that by giving you better grip and better aim through three distinct level grips.
Konky PlayStation 4 Charging Dock Stand ($10 at Amazon)
Having your controller die on you in the middle of a gaming session is rough, so make sure you never have that happen again, and keep them charging at all times.
PowerA DualShock 4 Charging Station ($16 at Amazon)
Worrying about battery life can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be. Make sure your controllers are always ready to play by keeping them charged at all times!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
One of the best Windows laptops is $550 right now — and stock is limited
Buying a laptop isn't an easy decision, but it's one that's slightly easier on weeks like this — on Black Friday. The Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 has been heralded as one of the best laptops on the market by practically every site that ranks these kinds of things, ourselves included, and there's a brand new reason to pick it up. Today only, the XPS 13 2-in-1 with Intel 10th Gen CPUs are up to $...
Why it’s worth spending more on faster SD cards on Black Friday
To make the most of any camera, whether it be the one on your phone or one in a security cam or even a drone, you'll want to buy a fast SD card. Here's why.
Cards against Humanity and Exploding Kittens on sale for Black Friday
Some of the best card games and board games are on sale today for Black Friday. If you don't have them already, you should definitely check out Cards Against Humanity and Exploding Kittens.
Get the best sound for your new PS5 with these great wireless headsets
The PlayStation 5 is out now, and for those lucky enough to have gotten the console, a great headset can be a major accessory to add to your gaming experience. Here are our favorite options for the best PS5 headsets.