The latest content update for Fortnite - the 8.51 patch - is available today, and while it isn't one of the bigger patches that we've seen, it still brings with it a brand new item for players to use, as well as some new fixes that will ensure the game is a bit smoother for all those playing.
Aptly named the Shadow Bomb, the latest item to hit Fortnite is a smoke grenade that allows players to engulf themselves in darkness, essentially becoming invisible once they use the grande. The Shadow Bomb also gives players a speed boost and the ability to perform double jumps, so use it wisely and you might be able to sneak around an enemy to get the jump on them.
Outside of the Shadow Bomb, there isn't too many changes that have been implemented this week, with the limited-time Endgame mode still around and a variety of other fixes waiting in the wings.
You can check out the full list of changes to the Battle Royale portion of Fortnite below, and jump into a game now to check out the changes:
- Become one with the shadows! Engulf yourself in darkness with this new item, becoming invisible to enemies, increasing your speed, and allowing the ability to perform double jumps.
- Shadow Bomb
- Shrouds yourself in shadow, briefly becoming invisible to enemies.
- 6-second duration
- User becomes more visible to others near the end of the effect.
- Increases your movement speed, provides the ability to double jump, and wall jump.
- Players are unable to attack, build, or loot while under the effects of the Shadow Bomb.
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Can hold a maximum of 6
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas.
- Sound effects for Jetpacks were occasionally playing much louder than they should be.
For a full look at the list of updates that hit Fortnite earlier today, make sure to head over to the Epic Games blog and check them all out, as there are quite a bit across all three game modes.
These are the best games you can play on Android
We're rounding up the best games, free and premium, you should be playing today.
Pistol Whip 2089 will leave you begging for replacement robot legs
It's the age-old tale of man versus machine in Pistol Whip 2089, a free update to the immensely popular VR rhythm shooter that adds in brand new weapons, enemies, music, and a story mode complete with boss fights.
Samsung may release one last Galaxy Note before killing the series in 2021
According to a new report out of South Korea, Samsung plans to launch at least one new Galaxy Note device before it discontinues the series next year. The phone could likely be a direct successor to the Galaxy Note 20.
Do your ears a favor and use one of these great PS5 headsets
The PlayStation 5 has finally launched and for those who are looking to pick up the console, a headset can be a big accessory to get along with it. Here are our favorite options for the best PS5 headsets.