The latest patch for Fortnite — the 10.10 patch — is out today, and with it comes the return of Retail Row, one of the most iconic and memorable locations in Fortnite. A Rift Zone has appeared in the game, turning Mega Mall back into Retail Row, but also bringing with it a dangerous threat in the form of Fiends spawning throughout the location.
Not only is Retail Row back, but a brand new limited-time mode - World Run - has been introduced into the game. Players will have to dodge, dip, and duck their way through various traps to win for their team. The infamous Infinity Blade has also been unvaulted, but only for the incoming Sword Fight Squads and Duo limited-time modes.
B.R.U.T.E. mechs have also been tweaked in some major ways, with the robots now being equipped with a targeting laser visible to every player. The B.R.U.T.E. now also self-destruct when abandoned in a storm, and will spawn intermittently throughout a match rather than after Storm phases. These changes should hopefully balance out the mech a bit more, and hopefully quell some of the major complaints the new addition to the game has been receiving.
You can check out the full list of changes to the Battle Royale portions of Fortnite below, and jump into a game now to check out the changes:
Weapons + Items
- Unvaulted only in the Sword Fight Squads and Duos LTMs:
- Reduced the environmental damage from 10000 to 600.
- Added a targeting laser that appears as players load and fire missiles.
- Improved visual and audio feedback during the self-destruct sequence.
- B.R.U.T.E.s can now be entered directly from glider mode.
- B.R.U.T.Es will now spawn intermittently throughout the match instead of waiting for Storm phases to end.
- B.R.U.T.E.s abandoned in the Storm will self-destruct after 30 seconds.
- B.R.U.T.E.s will reappear on the minimap after 15 seconds if no player is in either seat.
- A Rift Zone has replaced the Mega Mall POI with Retail Row.
- Retail Row now spawns hordes of Fiends who charge at players.
- Fiends may drop a weapon, consumable, or ammo upon being eliminated.
- Fiends cannot go outside the Retail Row Rift Zone.
- Chests and ammo containers will now open when destroyed.
For a full look at the list of updates that hit Fortnite later today, make sure to head over to the Epic Games blog and check them all out, as there are quite a bit across all three game modes.
Take your gaming to the next level
KontrolFreek FPS Performance Freek Vortex Thumbsticks ($17 at Amazon)
When it comes to video games, making sure you have the advantage is key. These thumbsticks will ensure that by giving you better grip and better aim through three distinct level grips.
Konky PlayStation 4 Charging Dock Stand ($10 at Amazon)
Having your controller die on you in the middle of a gaming session is rough, so make sure you never have that happen again, and keep them charging at all times.
PowerA DualShock 4 Charging Station ($16 at Amazon)
Worrying about battery life can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be. Make sure your controllers are always ready to play by keeping them charged at all times!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
What is Section 230 and why does it matter so much to President Trump?
Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act is in the news for the wrong reasons once again. This time, though, the U.S. armed services are also in the crosshairs.
Here's your first look at Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds
The first renders of Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Buds Pro have surfaced online. Unlike the Galaxy Buds Live, the Galaxy Buds Pro will have an in-ear design.
The Snapdragon 888 has all-new hardware that will make your photos amazing
The new Spectra 580 ISP coupled with an all-new and more powerful AI engine makes the Snapdragon 888 the best chip for phone cameras we've ever seen. You'll want it in your next phone if you love taking photos.
From basic black to limited editions, here's every PS4 controller
Sony has come out with dozens of Dualshock 4 colors and designs, some are beautiful and some not so much. We aren't here to judge, just to let you know every PS4 controller color you can get your hands on today.