The latest patch for Fortnite — the 10.10 patch — is out today, and with it comes the return of Retail Row, one of the most iconic and memorable locations in Fortnite. A Rift Zone has appeared in the game, turning Mega Mall back into Retail Row, but also bringing with it a dangerous threat in the form of Fiends spawning throughout the location.
Not only is Retail Row back, but a brand new limited-time mode - World Run - has been introduced into the game. Players will have to dodge, dip, and duck their way through various traps to win for their team. The infamous Infinity Blade has also been unvaulted, but only for the incoming Sword Fight Squads and Duo limited-time modes.
B.R.U.T.E. mechs have also been tweaked in some major ways, with the robots now being equipped with a targeting laser visible to every player. The B.R.U.T.E. now also self-destruct when abandoned in a storm, and will spawn intermittently throughout a match rather than after Storm phases. These changes should hopefully balance out the mech a bit more, and hopefully quell some of the major complaints the new addition to the game has been receiving.
You can check out the full list of changes to the Battle Royale portions of Fortnite below, and jump into a game now to check out the changes:
Weapons + Items
- Unvaulted only in the Sword Fight Squads and Duos LTMs:
- Reduced the environmental damage from 10000 to 600.
- Added a targeting laser that appears as players load and fire missiles.
- Improved visual and audio feedback during the self-destruct sequence.
- B.R.U.T.E.s can now be entered directly from glider mode.
- B.R.U.T.Es will now spawn intermittently throughout the match instead of waiting for Storm phases to end.
- B.R.U.T.E.s abandoned in the Storm will self-destruct after 30 seconds.
- B.R.U.T.E.s will reappear on the minimap after 15 seconds if no player is in either seat.
- A Rift Zone has replaced the Mega Mall POI with Retail Row.
- Retail Row now spawns hordes of Fiends who charge at players.
- Fiends may drop a weapon, consumable, or ammo upon being eliminated.
- Fiends cannot go outside the Retail Row Rift Zone.
- Chests and ammo containers will now open when destroyed.
For a full look at the list of updates that hit Fortnite later today, make sure to head over to the Epic Games blog and check them all out, as there are quite a bit across all three game modes.
Take your gaming to the next level
KontrolFreek FPS Performance Freek Vortex Thumbsticks ($17 at Amazon)
When it comes to video games, making sure you have the advantage is key. These thumbsticks will ensure that by giving you better grip and better aim through three distinct level grips.
Konky PlayStation 4 Charging Dock Stand ($10 at Amazon)
Having your controller die on you in the middle of a gaming session is rough, so make sure you never have that happen again, and keep them charging at all times.
PowerA DualShock 4 Charging Station ($16 at Amazon)
Worrying about battery life can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be. Make sure your controllers are always ready to play by keeping them charged at all times!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Security isn't privacy, and you can have one without the other
Android is a very secure operating system but that doesn't have anything to do with the privacy that you're willing to give away.
Here's every U.S. city with 5G coverage right now
5G deployment is moving fast and the list of cities with coverage is growing all the time. See if your U.S. city has coverage yet by Verizon, T-Mobile, or AT&T.
HTC Inspire 4G retrospective review: My first Android desire
Of all the dozens, if not hundreds, of phones I've tested over the years, I just couldn't shake my fond memories tied to my first Android phone, the HTC Inspire. So I bought one off of eBay.
Rise of the Tomb Raider, NBA 2K20, and Erica, free this month on PS Plus
If you have a PlayStation Plus membership, then you know about PlayStation's free games of the month. Here are the free games you can get this month with your membership.