What you need to know
- Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster is the last of the remastered Final Fantasy games coming to PC and mobile devices.
- Square Enix announced that the Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster is delayed to Feb. 2022.
- This delay is meant to give the team working on the remaster more time to polish the game.
The Final Fantasy 6 pixel remaster has been delayed to Feb. 2022, Square Enix shared via Twitter. The previous five Pixel Remasters are currently available, with Final Fantasy 6 being the last one to launch.
"In order to bring you the best experience possible, we're allowing the necessary time to apply final polish while finishing development of the game," the delay announcement explains. Square Enix also shared that anyone who preorders the game on Steam or has already purchased the bundle for all the games will be getting some additional items. Here's everything you'll get for preordering the game on Steam:
- Locke's Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- The Decisive Battle (Timelapse Remix)
- Terra's Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- Searching for Friends (Timelapse Remix)
- Aria di Mezzo Carattere (Instrumental)
In our review of the first three Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters, Gaming Editor Jennifer Locke noted that "The storytelling and gameplay may be dated, but you don't get much better than this as far as faithful remasters go."
Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters
The franchise's beginning
The Pixel Remasters are new versions of the original six Final Fantasy games. They aren't huge overhauls but instead provide some quality of life updates for players on mobile devices or PC.
FF6 is the best Final Fantasy.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.