Egads! Our pals at CrackBerry have uncovered this picture of Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt apparently wielding a BlackBerry at a conference in Indonesia. And this isn't the first time the Google exec's been spotted with something other than one of his company's own Android devices.
Why, Eric? Why? Let's throw out a few ideas.
- Even Eric Schmidt has to slum it every now and then.
- Someone told Eric to check out the exciting new browser and excellent gameplay on BlackBerry. That person is expected to be released from an Indonesian prison some time in 2015 for misleading Mr. Schmidt.
- He was trying to root the thing.
- "Awwwww. Look at that little screen. It's so cute."
- Eric's got a thing for trackpads.
- "See this thing? It'll be dead in two years."
- Blinking. Red. Light.
- "What's CrackBerry Kevin's PIN again?
- Checking it for patent violations.
- Just had to check Android Central, and it was the only phone around.