Seems a lot of people still haven't gotten the Gingerbread OTA update for the Droid Incredible but no need to worry. We've got the full details on just how you can go about getting updated manually. Just follow the instructions below and you'll be up and running:
- Grab the OTA file here.
- Rename it to update.zip. (If you're on Windows, be careful to not make it update.zip.zip.)
- Copy it to the root (base directory) of your SD card. Don't put it in any folders, and don't put it on the internal memory.
- Shut your phone off
- While holding the volume down button, turn the phone back on.
- In the white Bootloader screen, select recovery from the list.
- In the recovery screen (the triangle with exclamation mark), press volume up and power. You'll go to the recovery menu.
- In the recovery menu, select "apply sdcard:update.zip"
- The phone will find the file, and when finished prompt you to reboot. Reboot via the menu, then patiently wait for the phone to reboot. That's it, you're done!
If you happen to run into any problems, we got you covered there as well. You can head on into the Droid Incredible forums where many folks have already gone through the process and shared their thoughts on the update.
- Filed under: