Audio-only stream below
On a very special Android Central Podcast, we tackle the Samsung Froyo update and why we've scoffed at many of the rumors. Plus, Eric Schmidt's out as Google's CEO. And stick around at the end for a special contest announcement. Namaste!
Google leadership shuffle
- Google announces Q4 earnings as Page takes over for Schmidt as CEO
- Google confirms 300,000 Android activations a day
Samsung Froyo updates
- Samsung responds: 'Not charging carriers for Froyo updates'
- Samsung Vibrant to start getting Froyo on Jan. 21 -- as in tomorrow!
- Froyo for the Epic 4G coming ASAP
- Another Sprint statement on Froyo for the Samsung Epic 4G
- (Speaking of Sprint: Sprint notices you're using data, is adding $10/month fee to all smartphones)
- Gary's voicemail
- Alex's voicemail
Other OS updates
- CyanogenMod 7 Gingerbread nightlies pushing now!
- US Cellular's Froyo updates detailed -- Desire, Mesmerize in early February
- Samsung prepping Nexus S update to fix Android SMS bug
- LG Ally about to get Froyo update
- Samung Mobile promising 'the next evolution' at Mobile World Congress
- Samsung, T-Mobile officially announce the Galaxy S 4G, launching with Froyo
- Verizon employees getting training on the upcoming HTC Thunderbolt
- Motorola employee confirms locked bootloaders -- and bad attitude
- Motorola apologizes for YouTube comment, says it's working on bootloader compromise
- Motorola Cliq 2 available today for $99
- HTC reportedly prepping a trio of tablets, starting with Android 2.3 Flyer in March
- Sprint Galaxy Tab gets its first overclock -- now rocking at 1.2GHz
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
- Note: Our video feed is on hiatus while we spruce things up a bit. You can still watch all our podcast videos with this YouTube playlist.
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/2 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live. Or check our Google+ page for the Hangout with Q&A.
Who we are
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: