Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Pocket Casts | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
Phil, Mickey and Jerry survive the LeBron James announcement and find time to talk new Android phones, who's getting Froyo when, a bunch of new apps and a slew of your e-mails and voicemails. Listen in!
Top o' the news - new phones!
- T-Mobile Motorola Charm gets official, still square
- Samsung Intercept available Sunday, July 11, for $100 after contract with Sprint
- Motorola Droid X review
- A few lucky souls getting their Droid X's early
- AT&T Captivate will be available July 18 for $199 after contract
- Google CEO: Not trying to beat Apple, Nexus One served its purpose
- Leaked T-Mobile roadmap shows some blurry handsets on the way
- Reader's white Evo 4G unboxing
- HTC Desire with AT&T (and Rogers, Telus, and Bell) 3G bands at the FCC
- T-Mobile to launch 21Mbs HSPA+ Android smartphone in September, is it the HTC Vision?
Android OS updates
- Android 3.0 Gingerbread rumors kinda sorta debunked, corrected
- HTC says to expect Android 2.2 updates by Christmas
- Droid Incredible OTA update reportedly will bring 720p video, mobile hotspot
- Motorola Backflip gets an update -- bugfixes, not Android 2.X
- Google updates Android SDK to fall in line with Froyo
- Froyo and HTC Sense hacked on the HTC Desire, long before Christmas
- Motorola Milestone getting bugfix update
- Want to try Froyo on the Evo 4G?
- Voice Control App Showdown: Vlingo vs. the myTouch 3G Slide Genius button
- Fring updated so Android and iPhone can play together
- Qik releases new update, announces more than 25,000 video chats per day
- AppBrain introduces Fast Web Install -- install Android apps over the web
- Adobe shows off Flash 10.1 on the Motorola Droid X
- Mobile Youtube site updated for Android and iThing browsers
- Twidroid is now Twidroyd, purchased by TweetUp Inc.
- Pricegraber Android App now available
- 1Password app now available in Market
- Yelp 2.0 brings monocle and checkins to its Android client
- Pro tip: Wipe porn off your phone before exchanging it
- The great Droid X scavenger hunt has officially begun
- Evo vs. iPhone video author keeps his Best Buy job, but doesn't want it back
And as promised, here's the link to Google's issues page.
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
- Leave a voicemail: Record your question with your phone or computer, and e-mail it to us. (Be sure to leave your name and where you're from!)
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live. Or check our Google+ page for the Hangout with Q&A.
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact Standard Broadcast Co..
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: