Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Pocket Casts | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
We talk up the recent Netflix update, more new hardware announcements, and the Droid Bionic brouhaha. Plus, a special guest appearance by Joe from Swiftkey. Listen in!
Thing 1: Netflix on more phones, fewer tablets
- Netflix updates its Android app -- and actually includes the update this time
- New Netflix app runs just fine on Honeycomb tablets
- Editorial: Netflix's Android rollout an example of a good thing done badly
Thing 2: More new phones and tablets
- Samsung Mobile's JK Shin says to expect Galaxy S II in U.S. in August
- Lenovo officially announces pair of Android tablets
- T-Mobile getting the Wildfire S on Aug. 3 for $80 on contract
- Nexus S hits AT&T on July 24, presales start today
- HTC Puccini tablet goes through the FCC
Thing 3: Apps worth mentioning
- Android Quick App: FriendCaster Tab beta for Honeycomb tablets
- Sketchbook Pro app comes to Honeycomb tablets
- Google Maps adds more 3D buildings in more cities
- The best free backgammon apps on Android tablets
- ComiXology out of beta, brings DC Comics to your Android device
- Disney publishes their first Android app -- Winnie the Pooh: What's a bear to do?
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
- Leave a voicemail: Record your question with your phone or computer, and e-mail it to us. (Be sure to leave your name and where you're from!)
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live. Or check our Google+ page for the Hangout with Q&A.
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact The Midroll.
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: