For Kaspersky Internet Security and Total Security users, your antivirus program includes Anti-Banner. This tool blocks both ads embedded on webpages and pop-up ads. There's a reason that people consider this to be one of the best antivirus software options on the market. Here are the few simple steps needed to enable Kaspersky Anti-Banner.
Products used in this guide
- All-inclusive protection: Kaspersky Total Security ($50/ year at Kaspersky)
- More than basic antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security ($40/ year at Kaspersky)
How to enable Kaspersky Anti-Banner
- From the dashboard of your Kaspersky software, click the gear icon in the bottom left corner to go to Settings.
- There are several setting topics listed on the left side.
- Click Protection then scroll down to Anti-Banner. This is disabled by default.
- Clicking it on enables this tool in your web browser. Ads, both banner and pop-ups, will now be blocked.
Some websites don't allow you to visit them if an ad blocker is enabled. For example, Google and its apps, including Gmail, and Facebook tend to not open for many users when Anti-Banner is enabled. However, you can add these websites to your exception list and continue using them.
- In the top right-hand corner of your web browser, you will see the Kaspersky browser icon. It looks like a green shield. Click on it.
- This will open the dropdown menu. Click Allow on this website.
That's it! Now the website will be added to your exception list. You can remove permissions at any time under this same tab.
Popup and banner ads on websites are at minimum annoying, but several of them use adware to create targeted ads specifically for you based on your browser and search histories. For example, if you recently checked out Amazon for a new laptop, you'll get a lot of ads for that same product. Other ads have malware hidden in them, ready to infect your system if given the chance. Using Kaspersky Anti-Banner stops the annoying interruptions, helps block adware, and keeps you computer safe from malicious files.
What we recommend
These are the Kaspersky antivirus programs that include Anti-Banner.
Excellent protection for the whole family
Total Security stops ads, web trackers, and malware. It also includes parental controls, a password manager, and webcam monitoring.
Good protection for a decent price
Internet Security includes powerful protection from internet threats including adware and web tracers. It stops malware files, too.
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android
Nikki is a commissioned editor for Future Plc covering internet security including antivirus and VPN. With over 18 years of research and writing experience, and 11 years of testing and reviewing internet security solutions, Nikki knows how to dive deep to get the information consumers need to make better buying decisions. She is also a mom to 10 children, and personally uses many of the products she reviews to ensure the safety of her own family.