Google Maps just got a sizable update, with a slew of new features that those of you in major metro areas are going to want to check out. First and foremost is the addition of Transit Navigation. It's in beta (of course), but gives you directions via public transit in more than 400 cities worldwide, tying it all into turn-by-turn directions.
And speaking of directions, you're getting easier access to the nav button (anyone who's ever used it will be thankful for this). Also, Google Places are easier to get to, and they're better integrated into the search results. Also, photos are now integrated into Places results.
Here are the bullet points you'll see after updating:
- Get GPS stop-by-stop public transit directions in Navigation (beta)
- Receive search suggestions based on previous direction destinations and visited Place pages
- Get directions in fewer clicks with the updated directions experience
- Improved battery power management for Navigation (beta)
- Browser photos of Place pages in a gallery view
- Use the Download Map Area lap to save map areas for offline viewing
Google's demo video and Market links are after the break. Get to updating, everybody!
Source: Google Maps Blog
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the Android Central team.