An official Roku Android app has been in the works for some time and was finally released at the beginning of March. There have been many unofficial apps available but it's nice to have the one developed by Roku itself. The app is a remote for the Roku box that allows you to directly control it with your Android device, so if you ever lose the tiny remote, don't worry! In order to connect your device with the Roku box, both will need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. It doesn't matter which Roku box you own, this app is compatible with all of them.
The Roku app boasts a large set of features, including:
- Launch or rate any Roku channel with a tap of your finger.
- Use a touch remote control. Includes instant replay, back and options buttons as well as a keyboard for text entry.
- Easily browse hundreds of channels and games in the Roku Channel Store.
- Quickly add and remove channels to/from your Roku player.
- Control and switch between multiple Roku players.
The app is available for free from Google Play. Please find links and more pictures after the break.
- Filed under: