If you're on a Mac and frequent using Kies for syncing your device, you may have noticed it doesn't really play well with Apple's latest and greatest OS, Mountain Lion. Sure, it'll find your device when attached but when you go to synch your device it'll never work. Samsung has yet to update Kies for Mountain Lion but if you're in desperate need to use it, Android Central Forums member Nashstruck has a work-around that is fairly easy to make use of:
- Download Samsung Kies: http://j.mp/dlkiesz
- Open the DMG
- Right click on the "kies20mac_s9218.pkg", then open it with "The Unarchiver"
- You should see a file named "kies20mac_s9218", open it.
- Right click on the "contents.pkg", and click "Show Package Contents"
- Double click "Payload", it will create a folder named "Payload 2 2", double click it.
- Double click "Applications" and then you will see Kies, drag it to the application folder, installation complete!
After that is all done, you'll want to go into the Kies settings under preferences and disable the 'Notify when updates are available', this will prevent Kies from updating and giving you OS errors once again. Restart Kies once that is done and then, enjoy syncing your device. Hopefully, Samsung will get their butts in gear and update Kies to include Mountain Lion support but for now, this will work fine as kind.
Discuss: Android Central Forums
- Filed under: