All those rumors you may have heard about the HTC Droid Incredible not getting Gingerbread? Yeah, forget you heard them (and you didn't hear them here) -- Verizon's support website with the changelog and upgrading instructions went live this morning, and the news is good. The Dinc will soon be seeing Android 2.3.4 and all the perks that come with the Gingerbread update, as well as a few other fixes:
- MMS messages will now send correctly
- Properly save audio files from MMS messages
- Successfully play audio from MMS messages
- Internet connection via Bluetooth now enabled
- VZ Navigator now operates on Wifi
- Change songs in the music widget by tapping the forward button
- Camera now functions with an SD card inserted
As for the time frame (be honest, that's what we're all looking for), Verizon doesn't give us one, but the support documents are in place, and Dinc owners everywhere will be checking every 13 seconds -- we'll let you know as soon as we start seeing it.
Source: Verizon; Thanks, Stevie B!
Update: Just got word about how the over-the-air rollout's going to take place. The push is scheduled to start Tuesday, Aug. 16, with an initial 10,000 updates. Another 50,000 will get it on Wednesday, and everybody else on Friday.