The dark-yet-compelling strategy game First Strike has been updated to version 1.2, adding quite a few features. You'll find new defensive capabilities, new weapons, and bunch of interface tweaks in the path to global domination through nuclear warfare.
As a part of the release, the developers are also kicking off their Steam Greenlight campaign to get the game onto PCs. Here's a quick look at the changelog for First Strike 1.2.
- Two brand new superweapons:
- The contaminating "Cobalt Rocket"
- The almost impenetrable "Air Defense Dome"
- Game now available in Russian, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese and Turkish
- Choose which superweapons you want to start the game with
- "First Strike Highlighting" shows the potential capabilities of the "First Strike" ability
- Improved run speed
- Optimized "Quick Defend" algorhythm & updating "Radial Menu"
- a brand new nuclear superpower as a small gift
I've put quite a bit of time into this game and can vouch for its quality. One thing I particularly like about First Strike is that a quarter of the proceeds made from sales go towards charities which aim to repair environmental and human damage from industrial and military catastrophes. If you're looking to learn a bit more, I did a run-through closer to First Strike's release.