The rumors are true, folks. We've got a Verizon-branded HTC Merge. If you don't know the sordid tale, it goes like this: Some 11 months ago, we got the Internet's only known hands-on with this sexy little slider. The phone itself hadn't yet been announced by Verizon -- and it never would be. It's since been released on a handful of regional carriers -- and we finally did an official review.
So we've got this Verizon-branded Merge. But not for long. It's soon going to belong to one of you. Yes, we're giving away the White Whale. Want full details? They're after the break.
So that's it. You're going to download and print out ol' Lloyd, then have him travel the world.
And, yes, we said the world. The Merge is a World Phone, after all. And while you might not be able to use it to its full potential outside the United States, we'll open this contest up to everybody. So, here are the official instructions:
- Download Lloyd from this link, then print him out and put him on a stick or something. Don't just Photoshop him into a picture.
- Take a picture with yourself and Lloyd. No, not just Lloyd. We want to see you, too. If you're not in the picture, you're not in the running.
- Update: OK, this was supposed to be about printing out Lloyd and taking a picture with him. But if you submit a picture of yourself in a Lloyd T-shirt, we'll accept that, too. Buying a shirt's not a requirement for this contest, though.
- E-mail your shots to me. Use the subject line "Merge Contest."
- I'll accept entries through Sept. 2. That gives you two weeks to get your shots in.
- Either I'll pick a winner myself, or we'll put it up to the group for a vote if we get a lot of great entries, which I'm betting we will.
- Remember, we're giving you a phone -- you're on your own for service.
That's it, folks. Good luck!
- Related devices:
- Filed under: