The LG Star is a device we have seen pop up a few times in recent weeks, but Engadget has gotten their hands on a prototype unit and put up a preview. Here are a couple highlights:
- The style of the phone reminded them of the Droid Incredible
- The 4-inch 800x480 panel is "gorgeous"
- Running Froyo but expected to launch with Ginerbread
- Tegra 2 processor. And speaking of CPU power...
- Benchmarks are fast. As in crazy fast. As in a Quadrant score about 2x that of the Nexus 1 and 67 fps on Neocore. And this not on final hardware/software. Wow
- Youtube HQ and Flash playback went off "without a hitch"
So yes, I want one. LG will be at CES, which we will be covering extensively, so expect a lot more on this device come January. And if this is a hint of things to come from Nvidia's Tegra 2 chips, we are about to see a huge increase in the computing power of mobile devices. Click past the link for more pictures and a pair of videos. [Engadget]
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android