It's dangerous to go online alone. Take this.
YouTube is the world's largest video site because it allows anyone to quickly and easily upload videos. YouTube is great for sharing family videos, reporting on things happening in different parts of the world, and so much more. While YouTube is great for most people, sometimes you'll want to avoid the more explicit content that is uploaded. Luckily, YouTube has allowed you to quickly and easily filter out restricted content on your Android device.
The following instructions will walk you through step-by-step on how to turn on and off the SafeSearch filter.
How to filter out restricted content in YouTube search results
- Open the YouTube application. It does not matter if you open the application in your app drawer, YouTube widget, or on one of your home screens just as long as it is the official YouTube app.
- Tap the on the overflow menu button which looks like three dots in the top right corner of the application. This will open a drop-down menu.
- Tap the Settings button.
- Now in settings, you tap on Search to locate your search specific options.
- At the bottom of the list, tap on the SafeSearch filtering button and a pop-up dialog will appear.
- In this pop-up dialog you will be able to select "Don't filter" or "strict" depending on what you want to appear in your searches. If you are looking to keep out all restricted content from your search results, make sure to select "Strict."
Just by doing those quick six steps you will be able to make sure that you or anyone else using your device will not see explicit content when searching for a video on YouTube. You are able to go back and toggle SafeSearch on and off whenever you want.
The latest Steve Aoki concert is even better in VR
Do you miss live concerts? Steve Aoki and Oculus are teaming up to help bring you an immersive live concert in VR on September 30 based on Neon Future IV, the 4th studio album launched earlier this year.
How to watch Google's Pixel 5 event livestream on September 30
Between new Pixel phones and an all-new Chromecast, we're expecting a few different hardware announcements from Google's "Launch Night In" event on Septemeber 30. Here's how you can tune-in and watch it!
Review: Until you Fall will punish you, but it's worth it
Until You Fall is a VR roguelite that'll challenge your skills with a blade, your wits, and your arm muscles. It's now available on the Oculus Quest, Oculus Quest 2, PlayStation VR (PSVR), and PC VR platforms including SteamVR and Oculus Rift.
These are the best cases for your Pixel 4a 5G
The Pixel 4a 5G looks boring in Just Black, but we can fix that! These cases are fun, fashionable, functional, and ready to carry your Pixel 4a 5G into the future.