What you need to know
- Another Fortnite crossover is here, this time with the legendary superhero Batman.
- Fortnite's Tilted Town has been made over to look like Gotham City, and has new, Batman-themed items in it for players to try out.
- New cosmetic skins, items, and limited-time challenges are available until October 1.
The world of Fortnite continues to get even bigger, as another iconic franchise is set to appear inside the game when Batman and Fortnite crossover. Officially announced on Saturday - which is also Batman Day across the country - Batman is invading the world of Fortnite, with limited-time challenges, cosmetic skins, and even an appearance from Gotham City.
The crossover is now live in the game, and much like past Fortnite crossover events, mostly everything in the item shop revolves around the latest gear. In this case, it's tons of Batman-themed cosmetics, including multiple Catwoman suits, a Batglider item, and various other cosmetics.
ShiinaBR - a popular Fortnite data miner - has recently dug up all of the possible items to pick up, which you can see below:
For those looking to dress up like the Caped Crusader, however, you'll need to pick spend at least $20, as the two costumes come specifically in a Caped Crusader pack that includes two Batman costumes - one from the comics and one from the Christopher Nolan trilogy - a Batman pickaxe, Batwing glider, and back bling for both outfits.
Alongside the cosmetic additions to the game, the world of Fortnite is also briefly changing. Tilted Town is now getting a makeover, and will go by Gotham City until the Batman events ends on October 1. As for the challenges, there's six in total, many of which are fairly easy and simply require using the newly added Batman-themed weapons in a game. Finishing the challenges will award Battle Stars for the Season X Battle Pass, and finishing all six will grant players a free Catwing glider to use in the game. You can check out the full list of challenges below.
Welcome to Gotham City Missions
- Deal damage to opponents with an Explosive Batarang (0/250).
- Light up different Bat Signals outside of Gotham City (0/3).
- Use a Batman Grapnel Gun in different matches (0/3).
- Defuse Joker gas canisters found in different named locations (0/3).
- Deal any damage to opponents within 30s of using a Batman Grapnel Gun (0/1).
- Light a Bat Signal, use a Batman Grapnel Gun, and deal any damage with an Explosive Batarang in a single match (0/3).
Are you ready to jump into Gotham City?
What do you think of this crossover? Sound off in the comments below.
The excellent Nest Audio is down to its lowest price yet for Black Friday
Ready to upgrade your smart home? The Nest Audio is getting its first price cut thanks to Black Friday, bringing it down to the lowest price we've ever seen.
What advice do you have for a first-time Galaxy Note buyer?
Buying a Galaxy Note is a big deal. If you knew someone getting their first-ever Note, what advice would you give to them?
Samsung just gave a huge hint that it's ending the Galaxy Note line
According to a report out of South Korea, Samsung has confirmed plans of discontinuing the Galaxy Note series. It has also confirmed S Pen support for the Galaxy S21 Ultra and Galaxy Z Fold 3.
Looking for some action? Check out these action games on PS4.
In the market to get some great action games to play on your PlayStation 4? Here are some of the best the console has to offer right now.