Adele won numerous awards at the Grammys about a month ago and with her official Android app, you can enjoy up-to-date info on the singer right from your pocket.
The app offers a lot for the huge or even casual Adele fan. When you open the app, you'll see changing pictures of Adele making up the background of the app and her name up top. The main options will be listed in green and with a simple swipe gesture, you'll be able to access the rest.
There are five options per page and I'll describe what each does:
- News: Brings up an aggregated news feed, where you can see clips from her official website or her official Twitter feed
- Music: Displays all of her music and allows you to preview each song
- Videos: Allows you to view recent videos released by the singer. These consist of both music videos and live performances. For example, her recent show at Live at the Royal Albert Hall in London is included
- Community: Allows you to interact with the Adele Fan Community, where people post comments and pictures
- Live Shows: Displays information about future and past events. You can buy tickets to future performances or view photos and comments about past shows
- About: Shows a short biography of the singer
- Albums: Lists her albums to date, where you can view tracks and fan comments for specific albums
- Photos: Displays several photos of the singer, which you can save and share if you wish
- Favorites: Allows you to save data from the rest of the app in a simple list so it can easily be accessed
- My Profile: If you're a huge Adele fan, you probably want to comment on albums or shows or post pictures. This is where you sign in, either with Twitter or Facebook, which allows you to leave posts
- Top Users: Relating to the My Profile category, if you're posting a lot, you may find yourself rewarded by making the top users list. There are top users listed for all time, monthly, weekly and daily
- Store: Brings you to her web store via the browser
- Links: Displays links to Adele's official site, Facebook page and Twitter page
- Mailing List: If you wish to receive mailings from Adele on future dates and music, you can sign up right from the app
- Copyright: Self explanatory, just displays the copyright information
Overall, I'd say the official Adele app is really well done. I enjoy her music, but wouldn't call myself a big fan and I had a great experience exploring the app. The UI is something that definitely improves the experience. If you're a big Adele fan or just want to find out more information about the singer, check out the free app. Please find links and more screenshots after the break.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The Snapdragon 888 is here to turbocharge 2021 Android flagships
The Snapdragon 888 is now official, and the chipset boasts incredible gains across the board from the last-gen Snapdragon 888. The flagship chipset will make its way to phones from 14 manufacturers next year, but Samsung is a curious omission.
Here's your most detailed look yet at the Samsung Galaxy S21+
More renders of Samsung’s Galaxy S21 Plus have appeared online, giving us a better look at the design of the upcoming flagship phone. Like the Galaxy S21 and S21 Ultra, the S21+ will feature an Infinity-O display and a redesigned rear camera array.
What do you prefer — light mode or dark mode?
Light mode or dark mode? It's a timeless debate in the Android space, and we want to know which one you prefer.
The Xperia 1 II is our favorite phone for shooting video
If video recording is your thing, then look no further than the Sony Xperia 1 II — it offers a large screen, three great cameras, and extremely robust manual video controls.