HTC One Max

With exactly zero fanfare, Verizon today has begun selling the HTC One Max. It'll cost you $299 on contract, or $25.22 a month with the Verizon Edge plan. Outright, you'll be paying $599.

The HTC One Max is a large — 5.9-inch display, but the phone itself is a bit bigger than that thanks to the front-facing speakers — version of the HTC One, with the new Sense 5.5 software and a fingerprint sensor on the back for unlocking. You can open up the back to get to the SIM card and (yes!) the microSD card slot.

Here's how our own Alex Dobie put things in his official HTC One Max review:

So the One Max is more than a big HTC One, but also a lesser phone than the HTC One. If you’re after the full HTC experience on a larger display, well, for the most part, this is that device. And right now it's the closest you're going to get to an HTC tablet. But for most buyers the smaller, better-looking HTC One, or the higher-end and more manageable Galaxy Note 3 will be better options.

 

Reader comments

Verizon now selling the HTC One Max for $299

34 Comments

I see this on every tech site but not on the streets. Anyone got the One Max?

Sent from the Android 5.0 Milkshake

you guys are crazy. it just came out this few days ago. show me anyone walking around with galaxy gear and it been out for one month? this is great phone but not for everyone as you can say this is beta for HTC for big screen arena. this was a try by HTC to see how much people really like how interested they really are in HTC big screen phones the development will go on from here for the MAX arena and new features will go on from here to HTC ONE MAX 2 HTC will listen to what people want so it can happen in the HTC ONE MAX 2.

Silly spec whores, 90% of the phone buying public does not give a shit about which processor is in the phone. Of the other 10%, probably only 2% of them can really tell you the difference between both processors.

Posted via Android Central App

Sadly, your existence and opinion adds nothing but a 0.0000...00001% of the world's population.
No offense man, had to get that off my chest.

Sent from the Android 5.0 Milkshake

That same thing is true for every comment made on every post. So your point is?

Posted via Android Central App

You can't just tag yourself a source especially when it comes to something like this.

Sent from the Android 5.0 Milkshake

If you think about it, what he's saying really doesn't necessarily need a source... it's just logical thought.

Posted via Android Central App

this is such a waste of money. I mean same specs as the original htc one and a bigger screen but nothing software related to take advantage of the big screen... waste

Posted via Android Central App

True needs a multi-window feature just like the note 3

Posted from My GNote 2 via AC App

My only problem with the One Max is that HTC stripped out OIS from the camera. No excuse for that,especially at that price.At least Samsung lowered the price on it's Galaxy Mega after removing features.

this is Verizon what you expect? look at there logo stamped in the middle of the phone this phone is there pride and joy. Verizon is the biggest troll alive

Every single person in HTC management should be fired for their stupidity. The level of this phones failure will be epic. I'm so glad I quite buying their phones.

It's already $150 on wirefly. It'll probably be free by black Friday or close to it. Not a bad device if pricing undercuts the Note so soon. I'm looking for a large screen device for my mom who definitely doesn't need all the bells and whistles of the Note series.

Verizon again late to the party, oh wait........where's the AT&T and Tmobile version? HAHAHA! Some people.

I played with this phone earlier. It's beautiful and if I didn't love my HTC One so much I would consider it.

Not sure why there is so much hate... if it's not for you that's ok. But for most non-nerds, this is an impressive looking and feeling phone.

Actually $150 for 2 lines with unlimited data, LG G2 and Note 3 thanks to "glitch". Pay the same for kids 3 lines on T-Mobile, but they tether off our phones when we travel for the weekend or on vacation to get data. When that stops, I'll consider leaving VZW.

Posted via Android Central App