Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Video Feed | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed | Video feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
Phil and the gang are back! Join us as we recap Google IO 2011, talk about the new phones and tablets that have crossed our desk, and Mickey goes on a bit of a rant about LTE and faux-gee. You don't want to miss this.
Thing 1 - Google IO recap
- Ice Cream Sandwich officially announced, coming in Q4
- Android Honeycomb to get updated to 3.1, will bring Google TV support and much more
- Google announces Android at Home, functionality ideas seem endless
- Google announces a team that will create guidelines for device updates
- Music Beta by Google page now live, accepting invite requests [Update: Music app now in the Market]
- Movies now available to rent from Android Market
- About Android Open Accessories
Thing 2 - Latest reviews
- Samsung Infuse 4G review
- T-Mobile G2X review
- LG Optimus 3D initial review and hands-on
- Droid Incredible 2 review
- Sonos for Android review
Thing 3 - Other odds and ends
- Reminder: New Verizon 4G LTE areas are live today
- Google rolling out server-side fix for Android sidejacking issue
- AT&T confirms non-market app installs coming to existing phones
- Droid X2 officially announced, available May 26 for $199
- HTC, Verizon working on ThunderBolt reboots
- More Android Market security woes -- and a novel idea to fix them from Sophos
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live. Or check our Google+ page for the Hangout with Q&A.
Who we are
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact The Midroll.
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: