Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Google Play Music | Pocket Casts | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
We survived the Great Google Outage of 2014 and the Great Florida Ice Storm of, erm, also 2014 and have made our triumphant return for the 169th edition of the Android Central Podcast! Good thing, too, because there was that little thing where Google sold Motorola off to Lenovo this week. Plus we chat up some of the more rumoriffic stories of the week, and answer a few your your questions. Join us!
Thing 1: Google sells Motorola to Lenovo, plays nice with Samsung
- Lenovo to acquire Motorola Mobility from Google in $2.91 billion deal
- Motorola may not have hurt Google's bottom line quite as badly as it seems
- Stock Talk: Motorola was just a drop in the bucket for Google
- Motorola's final quarter under Google: $1.24 billion revenue, $384 million operating loss
- Samsung and Google sign a 10-year cross-licensing deal
- Also: Samsung could introduce 'Life Times' app in future phones
Thing 2: Rumors we haven't bothered with
- Google gets Samsung to tone down custom software?
- Google to wind down the Nexus line after 2014?
Thing 3: Other stuff
- Galaxy S4 + S4 Mini 'black edition' with leather-effect back coming to Russia
- Red Nexus 5 appears slated for Feb. 4
- T-Mobile, this is the wrong way to try to gain customers
- SwiftKey makes the leap to iOS with SwiftKey Note
- Android Device Manager updated, now has a password prompt
- Leaked images claim to show LG's new G Pro 2
- Packaged Chrome apps come to Android and iOS with dev preview toolset
- Google announces Glass Titanium Collection: New frames and prescription lenses
Download all the Mobile Nations Android apps!
Want to get in touch?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact Standard Broadcast Co..
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: