Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Google Play Music | Pocket Casts | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
It's all Nexus, all the time this week. OK, mostly Nexus. And Android 4.4 KitKat. And a few other things. But, really, just a whole lot of Nexus goin' on.
Thing 1: Still more on the Nexus 5
- The Nexus 5 vs. the LG G2
- The Nexus 5 speaker: Yes, there's only one — and software may be hurting what you hear [updated]
- Nexus 5 battery life first impressions: Good enough, but not great
- Nexus 5 models 820 and 821: What's the difference?
- What I'm using: The Zens Wireless Charger with the Nexus 5
- Nexus 5 now available from Canadian carriers
- Nexus 5 now available through Sprint, Amazon and Best Buy
Thing 2: Still more on Android 4.4 KitKat
- Hangouts 2.0 now rolling out with SMS support
- How to disable SMS messages in Hangouts
- Google Voice numbers can now receive MMS from T-Mobile numbers
- Google Keyboard update brings KitKat features, drops the holo blue
- The KitKat Clock app has a subtle but impressive feature
- Gallery and Photos: Why does the Nexus 5 have two ways to handle images?
- Photo editing improvements in the Android 4.4 KitKat Gallery
- Printing in Android 4.4 KitKat (with some help from HP)
- Switching launchers with Android 4.4's new 'Home' setting
- How to add and arrange home screens in Android 4.4 KitKat
- Nexus 5 camera samples and first impressions
- How to get Google Now off your Android 4.4 KitKat home screen
Thing 3: Anything that's not Nexus or KitKat
- New YouTube comment system integrated with Google+ now available
- Your Google+ profile picture will soon be paired with your phone number
- Verizon announces their own tablet - the Ellipsis 7 will debut Nov. 7 for $250
- Google Glass gets XE11 update, adds new directions, calendar search, setup and screencasting shortcut
- BBM4ALL Video Contest - Make a kick-ass BBM commercial and you could win a trip to Toronto and visit to BlackBerry HQ!
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
- Leave a voicemail: Record your question with your phone or computer, and e-mail it to us. (Be sure to leave your name and where you're from!)
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live. Or check our Google+ page for the Hangout with Q&A.
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact Standard Broadcast Co..
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: