Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Google Play Music | Pocket Casts | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
Can you tell there's a holiday coming up? Google's cranking out update after update after update -- and it's got some big ones this week. Plus we recap where things stand with the Nexus 4 (hint: Better for a lot of people). Also, SwiftKey Flow is out in beta, Windows Phone tried to make a funny (and failed) -- and we've got Ashley Esqueda here to help us sort it all out.
(Note: We lost some of the video this week, but you can hear the whole show with the audio player or links below.)
Thing 1: Google's been busy
- Google Search update brings new features to Google Now, including post to Google+
- Google Voice, Authenticator, and Translate also updated today
- Testing the Google Now 'what's this song' feature
- Google's music ID service doesn't play well with HTC Sense
- Google Play Services brings two great new APIs to the table: Photo Sphere viewing and vector-based maps
- Google announces Google+ communities; G+ now at 235m active users
- Snapseed for Android now available
- Google Play Private Channel will host internal apps for your business
- Google I/O 2013 set for May 15-17
- Jelly Bean now on 6.7% of Android devices
- Gmail 4.2 update now available for non-Nexus devices
Thing 2: The best Android phone you can get Internationally
Thing 3: Other odds and ends
Want to get in touch?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact Standard Broadcast Co..
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: