Audio-only stream below
Can you tell there's a holiday coming up? Google's cranking out update after update after update -- and it's got some big ones this week. Plus we recap where things stand with the Nexus 4 (hint: Better for a lot of people). Also, SwiftKey Flow is out in beta, Windows Phone tried to make a funny (and failed) -- and we've got Ashley Esqueda here to help us sort it all out.
(Note: We lost some of the video this week, but you can hear the whole show with the audio player or links below.)
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Video feed | Stitcher
- How to subscribe in Google Listen (YouTube link)
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed | Video feed
- Subscribe in Zune Marketplace
- Listen to it here with the player above
Thing 1: Google's been busy
- Google Search update brings new features to Google Now, including post to Google+
- Google Voice, Authenticator, and Translate also updated today
- Testing the Google Now 'what's this song' feature
- Google's music ID service doesn't play well with HTC Sense
- Google Play Services brings two great new APIs to the table: Photo Sphere viewing and vector-based maps
- Google announces Google+ communities; G+ now at 235m active users
- Snapseed for Android now available
- Google Play Private Channel will host internal apps for your business
- Google I/O 2013 set for May 15-17
- Jelly Bean now on 6.7% of Android devices
- Gmail 4.2 update now available for non-Nexus devices
Thing 2: The best Android phone you can get Internationally
Thing 3: Other odds and ends
- SwiftKey Flow now available – we go finger-on
- Hot in the forums: The impending EVO 4G LTE update
- Don't forget: Stuff your stocking with Android Central
- Hey, Microsoft - you really wanna see 'DroidRage'?
- Starbucks updates app with Android 4.2 compatibility
- Review: Falcon Pro Twitter client
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
- Voicemail: We love actually hearing from you. You can leave us a voicemail toll-free at (888) 468-6158 Ext. 222.
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Thursday nights at 9 p.m. Eastern/6 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live.
Who we are
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by the AndroidCentral Store. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: