The rumors of HTC working on the next Nexus tablet have been around for a while now but they've been rather all over the place. On some occasions the device was going by the name Flounder and on others it was dubbed the Nexus 8, and now there's Volantis. To go along with the names, there are now some specs, which are sure to raise some eyebrows and certainly some questions along the way. Have a look at what HTC could showing up to the party with.
- 8.9" Display at 2048x1440 (281ppi)
- NVIDIA Logan 64-bit processor (Tegra K1)
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32GB internal storage
- 8MP OIS main camera, 3MP front facing camera
- Aluminum zero-gap construction
- Stereo front-facing speakers
- 8.91"x5.98"x0.31" body (that's 22.63x15.19x0.79cm)
- 418g (or 427g with LTE) (that's 14.74/15.1 ounces)
Interesting right? According to the info from Android Police the device isn't expected to be released any time before Q4 2014 and certainly won't be a part of Google I/O but they've also scored some possible price points. If the info is correct, we could see the tablet start at $399 for the 16GB version, 32GB going for $499 and LTE connectivity would push it into the $600 plus range. In any case, even though the rumors have been rampant for a while now it seems we'll still be waiting a while yet before anything official happens.
Source: Android Police