The "official" update document for the HTC Rezound is now live on Verizon's website, which usually means an OTA update is nigh. According to the page, the Rezound should soon be seeing software Version 2.01.605.11 and baseband version 0.95.00.1118r, so unfortunately this is not the Ice Cream Sandwich ROM that was leaked a week or so ago. If anything, it looks like a maintenance release to get some bugs ironed out, which nobody should be complaining about. The changelog in handy bullet-point form:
- Updated signal strength meter to 5 bar Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI).
- Screen Timeout issues while connected to Wifi have been resolved.
- Resolved issue with Mobile Hotspot data stalling while multiple users are connected.
- Improved audio quality during voice call.
- Reduced forced closures related to the People application.
- Improved device stability reduces continuous resets.
- Resolved issue with Task Manager stopping Mail background service.
All very welcome fixes indeed. The Rezound is a hell of a phone as is, and knowing that HTC and Big Red aren't going to let it wither by the wayside is great news for all of us. Security patches and bug fixes are just as important as complete OS updates, so we'll take them every time.
Of course, there's no guarantee that this is coming soon, but in the past we have seen the support page for Verizon phones go live a few days before the OTA begins to push out. There's no reason not to think this will be the same situation, so if I had a Rezound and was interested in accepting a stock update, I'd be preparing for it. Jump in the Rezound forums and discuss!
- Related devices: