Audio-only stream below
Gingerbread and the Nexus S have arrived! So have Google Books, the Droid X gets an update that nearly drives Phil over the edge, and we get a glimpse of Android 3.0 Honeycomb. Listen in!
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Video feed | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed | Video feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Gingerbread SDK is released! Update: Video
- Minimum CPU speed for Gingerbread? Googlers say no
- Previewing Gingerbread with the 2.3 SDK [how-to]
- Gingerbread developers have new toys to play with
- Gingerbread SDK ROMs everywhere
- Gingerbread keyboard code includes Playstation buttons
- Oops! Bug found (and fixed) in the Android 2.3 SDK Eclipse plugin
- Someone at Google got a little artistic in the Gingerbread SDK
- Gingerbread gets Arabic, slew of other new languages
- Android 2.3 User Guide now available for your viewing pleasure
- Get the Gingerbread launcher now
Which phones will be updated?
- 'Will my phone get Gingerbread?' Here's our official unofficial upgrade list
- Nexus One's Gingerbread update 'coming in a few weeks'
- LG says Optimus One line will get Gingerbread, now quit asking
Nexus S is announced
- Nexus S available Dec. 16 at Best Buy, Dec. 20 at Carphone Warehouse (Update: Pricing announced)
- Nexus S landing page now live: T-Mobile, Gingerbread, 1GHz processor
- Nexus S and Gingerbread video gallery
- Google and NXP integrate NFC in Android 2.3, starting with the Nexus S
- The Nexus S backstory: Pure Google
Other OS updates
- How to manually apply Android 2.2.1 for the Droid X
- Bell Mobility rolling out Froyo to its Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant users
- Andy Rubin demos Honeycomb on prototype Motorola tablet, coming in 2011
- Video: Andy Rubin with the Motorola tablet and Honeycomb
- Android activations now number over 300,000 daily, Andy Rubin tweets
- Notion Ink Adam tablet -- all six variants -- available for preorder later today
- PlayStation Phone runs Neocore -- poorly -- on video
- Goobye, tiles: Google Maps to get update with vector graphics [Updated]
- Gmail app updated with better reply, priority inbox features
- YouTube, Voice Search apps updated
- Android Quick App: Madden NFL 2011
- Google's eBooks go live, available on Android, iOS, and the web
- Google Books vs. Amazon Kindle
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
- Voicemail: We love actually hearing from you. You can leave us a voicemail toll-free at (888) 468-6158 Ext. 222.
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/2 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live.
Who we are
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: