Once you get the basics down on your Galaxy Nexus, you will want to start personalizing it to your own tastes. One of the easiest ways to personalize your phone is to change the wallpaper.
Your Galaxy Nexus supports several different types of wallpaper; you can choose from pre-installed wallpaper images, use a picture from your Gallery app or even use a Live wallpaper for your background.
Wallpaper can be changed in one of two ways.
Changing wallpaper from the Settings app
The first way to change your wallpaper is through the Settings app on the phone.
1. Access the Settings app either from the Settings icon on the second Home screen or from the very top of the Notification area.
2. Tap Display – usually the second category under Device.
3. Tap Wallpaper.
a. Gallery – to set a wallpaper from your own photos
b. Live Wallpapers – to use one of the pre-installed Live Wallpapers
c. Wallpapers – to select one of the pre-installed Wallpaper images.
5. Once you select an image, choose Set wallpaper to install the wallpaper on your phone.
Changing wallpaper from Home screen
The second way to change your wallpaper is by long pressing on any home screen.
1. Long press (touch and hold) anywhere on the Home screen.
2. A pop-up appears saying Select wallpaper from…
3. Choose either:
b. Live Wallpapers
4. Choose the image you wish to use and then choose Set wallpaper to set it as the device background.
Downloading new wallpaper
Since wallpaper is one of those things that really sets your phone apart from other phones, you may find that you change your wallpaper with some regularity. That being the case, it is good to have some options to choose from.
Fortunately, there are many places on the web to find wallpaper as well as apps in Google Play. One of the best resources for wallpaper is right here at Android Central.
From the home page of Android Central, just click on Free Android Wallpapers to get started.
1. Choose from:
a. Top Wallpaper Downloads
b. Top Rated Wallpapers
c. New Wallpapers
d. Random Wallpapers
2. You can also choose the View More Wallpapers icon to see the full gallery of choices.
3. Below the images you can also browse by Categories.
Here I found a nice Boston Bruins wallpaper in the Sports category. I select download and can either have it emailed directly to my device or I can use the QR code reader and scan the code to install it right on my phone.
1. Choose the wallpaper to download.
2. From the download page, choose to either have the wallpaper emailed to you or use a QRcode reader to scan the code.
3. The provided link takes you to the Android Central web page, just make sure you are logged in.
4. Find the downloaded wallpaper and choose Set as and choose Wallpaper.
Remember that Wallpaper images do take up some space on your device, so continually monitor your usage.
What wallpaper is currently on your device? Let us know in the forums.
I turned off my phone for a day and it was the best decision I made in 2020
The internet is great and useful for so many things. But a day without it was like a reboot inside me. You should try it.
Review: Dyson Pure Humidify + Cool is an incredible three-in-one system
Dyson's latest product combines a fan, air purifier, and humidifier into a single unit. The Pure Humidify + Cool has a premium design, delivers outstanding performance at both purification and humidification, and is an ideal product for the new work-from-home normal.
Don't delete your Oculus Facebook account if you want to keep your games
Nowadays, your Facebook account is your Oculus account. Make sure you don't delete it if you want to keep your games.
Keep your Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 looking stylish with a new band
If you recently purchasedthe new Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 or you're planning to do so soon, make sure you've got the right bands for it!