That most romantic of holidays, Valentine's Day, is nearly upon us. With that in mind we've put together some handy apps to help get you through this weekend unscathed. Valentine's Day has plenty of moving parts, no matter what your plans happen to be.
We've put together these apps to make sure that your day goes as smoothly as possible, so check them out!
1. Get in touch
The first step to enjoying this upcoming weekend is by making sure that you and whomever you're spending the day — or night — with are on the same page. Nobody wants to be stood up, especially on Valentine's Day, especially when it's a case of crossed signals.That might mean sharing your calendars so that you know when your disparate schedule sync up for a date, or it might just mean a text message. Whether you're planning on spending time with friends, or with that someone special, your first move should be nailing down your plans for the evening.
- Between: A private app for couples that allows you to message one another, send photos, and even sync up your calendar
- Hangouts: Hangouts can send messages to anyone with a Google account and sync with your phone so that it's where you send your text messages from. You can easily create a group chat if you're heading into the holiday with a few friends instead of a significant other.
Step two in an easy Valentine's Day comes when you make sure that you're fully stocked up on everything that you'll need for your upcoming escapades. Rather than running yourself ragged, or trying to find time in a busy schedule, your best bet might be to take advantage of the various delivery services out there. There are now services out there that will deliver pretty much anything you need from random household supplies, to the wine you need for dinner, to the flowers you want to surprise your partner with. Each service is a bit different, and you'll want to check to make sure that they're active in your city.
- Postmates: A service that will deliver everything from your Starbucks order, to the essentials from Walgreen's.
- Minibar: Minibar delivers wine, beer, spirits and mixers to your door — provided you're of age.
- 1-800-FLOWERS: For when you don't have time to stop at a florist, but still need a beautiful bouquet.
3. Getting dinner
If you're hoping to score that romantic dinner for two on the 14th, or just dinner in general, then there are some apps you can turn to to eliminate at least half the stress. Let's face it, just about everyone considers going out for dinner with their loved one on Valentine's Day. That doesn't mean that you need to make reservations months in advance though. These apps will help you find a spot for dinner without obscene waiting times, or to grab the reservation for the perfect restaurant.
4. Grab a room
After you've had a wonderful night, you might be thinking of a romantic evening at a hotel. Sometimes a night away from home, especially for a special occasion can make this holiday more special. If that's the case, then consider using an app to find the room you've been dreaming of. Whether you started looking for the hotel room of your dreams weeks ago, or your date starts to get hot and heavy, we've got you covered. You'll be able to find a room, even at the last-minute with these booking apps.
- Hotel Tonight: If you need to get a hotel tonight, there's no better option for you than, well, Hotel Tonight. It will show you hotels with rooms open that evening, along with their price so that you can easily grab the best option for your evening
- Expedia: Expedia, as you no doubt know, is an all-around booking app. It'll let you grab not only hotel rooms, but vehicle rentals and plane tickets.
5. Spice things up
When you get through all of the hoops of Valentine's Day and find yourself and your partner alone in the bedroom, it might be time to spice things up. It doesn't really matter why, but if you're looking to add some elements to your adult activities, then you aren't alone. There are plenty of different apps out there to help add a bit of variety to the bedroom. We've brought you a small selection that will bring you and your partner closer together if you decide to give them a shot.
- We-Connect: If you've got a We-Vibe couples massager, you'll really want the We-Connect app. Using your phone you can program the vibrator to use specific patterns, or tease your lover from afar taking advantage of the chat, voice, or video.
- iKamasutra lite: iKamaSutra lite gives you access to dozens of sexual positions from the Kama Sutra to try out, including the ability to save your favorite positions, or add challenging ones to a list for trying in the future.
So there you have it, our list of apps to help you navigate your way to a stress free Valentine's Day. Is there an app we missed? Let us know in the comments below!