Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Pocket Casts | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
We take up nearly this entire episode with Android Wear. What is it? Why would you want it? What is the smartwatch you have to have? Plus we answer your questions, live on air. Join us for the smartwatch revolution!
Thing 1: Android Wear
- The complete list of Android Wear apps
- Android Wear app now available for all in Google Play
- How to blacklist apps in Android Wear
- The Hadley-Roma strap Phil is using ($40 on Amazon)
Thing 2: Google I/O follow-up
- Google rolls out Google Play Services 5.0
- The L Developer Preview will have bugs — here's how to deal with them
- Android in 2015: Bringing 'pure Google' to every screen
- Android L preview code hitting AOSP for current Nexus devices
- Google Docs and Sheets updated, edit MS Office files and see a hint of the new design
- Google Voice shows a slight sign of life
Thing 3: Other stuff
- Google takes on Beats with Songza acquisition
- Samsung Galaxy S5, two months on
- Sprint's LG G3 available July 18
This week's sponsors
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
- Leave a voicemail: Record your question with your phone or computer, and e-mail it to us. (Be sure to leave your name and where you're from!)
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live. Or check our Google+ page for the Hangout with Q&A.
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact Standard Broadcast Co..
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: