Anyone in the process of making babies will be interested in checking out Ovia, a hugely popular pregnancy tracking app for iOS that recently made the jump to Android. The amount of data that this app can track is boggling. Keep tabs on weight gain, food intake, sleep, and exercise, as well as research symptoms, medical safety, and other articles to help you along the way.
There are plenty of social elements too, so you can document the pregnancy and share out photos to social networks. In the next version, Ovia will even have tie-ins with Fitbit, Withings, and other connected devices to provide a full spectrum of important personal data.
Here's a quick run-down of the feature list.
- Critical health alerts for pregnancy risks based on analysis of your data
- Calculate your due date based on date of conception and last menstrual period
- Track and chart your weight progress
- Manage weight goals with clinical guidelines for your BMI
- Learn which symptoms are common for each week of your pregnancy
- Track 100+ possible symptoms
- Get immediate alerts if your symptoms indicate a health risk
- Record daily servings of protein, grains, dairy, fruit, veggies, water
- Learn what medications are safe or unsafe for pregnant moms
- Connect with your popular fitness gadgets to track your steps
- Contraction timer
- Food safety lookup: Is this safe to eat?
- Back up your data safely and securely in the cloud
- Document your special pregnancy moments and milestones
Anyone braving the wilds of parenthood soon? Know someone who is that could make use of a pregnancy tracker?