Nokia announced its first Android tablet today, but the company has also been working on its Z Launcher for Google's OS, which is now available for everyone. The launcher itself has just hit open beta with an update to include some improvements before being shipped out to compatible Android smartphones.
So what's new in the open beta of Z Launcher? BGR managed to get hold of the change log from the Slush 2014 presentation (before we hopped on):
- Improved speed and optimization
- Improved prediction with more context incorporated into the app algorithm
- Refined Scribble with improved recognition response time
- Added Pinyin Chinese language support
- Ability to install Z Launcher on rooted hardware
See our earlier hands-on with the launcher:
Tablet users will have to make do with their current launcher as this app is exclusively available for the N1 from Nokia. Head to the Google Play Store to download the launcher. What are your thoughts on Z Launcher? Let us know in the comments.