Just over a year after it took over the 7-inch Android tablet market with the original Nexus 7, Google released an updated version bearing the same name. The so-called "New Nexus 7" is again built by ASUS and keeps the same screen size, but picks up improvements across the board. It has a much higher resolution 1920x1200 display, a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor and 2GB of RAM. The tablet picks up a more premium feel with better material choices and smaller side bezels, and even adds a 5MP rear-facing camera.
Even with all of the changes, the Nexus 7 only bumped up to $229 for a 16GB Wifi model. It was officially unveiled at an event in San Francisco on July 24th, 2013 alongside Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Recent Nexus 7 (2013) Forum Threads
- Why do I need Google Play Services?
- Green screen?
- Nexus 7 1 year in...
- Nexus 7 froze up, turned off. Now it won't turn back on
- Problem with Slimport display.
- Video Hangouts Tiny!
- Nexus 7 (2013) long term use. Would you still recommend it ?
- Best Nexus 7 cases?
- Sdcard using 41% of battery!
- Lag and stuttering in the app drawer on 2013 Nexus 7 (running Android 4.4.2).
- See All Threads