The popular NewsBlur news reader app for Android just got an update today to version 4.0 in the Google Play Store. It adds a way to download and read website articles offline for the first time. It also has a new dark theme which should made it easier to read at night.
Here's a quick look at what's new in the 4.0 update:
- Offline reading and story syncing. Stories read while offline will sync as soon as you're back online.
- Option to also store images from stories for offline reading. They do take space, though.
- A dark theme for reading at night.
- The Text mode can be set to automatically fetch, so you can get to the full text quicker.
- An option to mark stories newer than a story as read.
- Major backend improvements for faster story loading and transitions. This app should feel like new.
Reading website articles offline is a nice way to spend the time when you don't have an Internet connection. Let us know what you think of this feature in the comments!