For those folks who are unfamiliar with the Microsoft Translator app, here are some of its features:
- Speak or type to quickly translate into over 50 languages
- Have real-time conversations in Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
- Download languages to translate even when you don't have an internet connection
- Let Translator speak the phrase for you if you are unsure how to pronounce the translation
- Share your translation with other apps
- Pin your most frequent translations to save for later
In a blog post, Microsoft reveals that its Translator technology has already been used to translate eBooks for Amazon's Kindle readers since 2012. The Android version of the app now supports tablets in both portrait and landscape modes.