Meizu is teasing their next smartphone, the MX4 Pro, boasting a new 20nm A15 octa-core processor, mTouch fingerprint scanner, and "Retina Sound", whatever that means. It's probably a speaker so sublime it makes your eyes pop out of your head. We're still trying to figure that part out.
Dumb name aside, the feature is actually shaping up to be pretty cool. The MX4 Pro will include an ES9018 DAC audio processor, dynamic range up to 123 db, and a passive filter to remove background electrical noise. For audiophiles on the move, this could be a primary selling point.
The display resolution clocks in at 2560 x 1536 that Meizu is calling 2K+, and leaves a teeny 2.8 mm bezel on the edge, but here's a full rundown of the specs.
- Display: 5.5-inch 2560 x 1536, 546 PPI, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 2.8 mm bezel
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 5430 processor, A15 2.0 GHz x 4, A7 1.5 GHz x 4, 3 GB RAM
- Dimensions: 77 mm x 150.1 mm x 9 mm, 158 g
- Wireless: TD-LTE / FDD-LTE / TD-SWCDMA / WCDMA / GSM, dual-band Wi-Fi
- Battery: 3350 mAh
- Memory: 16 GB / 32 GB / 64 GB
- Camera: 20 mp, Exmor sensor, f/2.2, 5 mp front-facing shooter
You can dig into the rest of the features on Meizu's MX4 Pro product page. The MX4 Pro should be coming to China on December 6 starting at $410 (CN¥2,499).
What do you guys make of it? Any takers, assuming it ever finds its way to your neighborhood? That design is looking an awful lot like the latest iPhone, doesn't it?